Easiest way to help out your community now: e Community Bank of New Jersey

There is no better feeling want to truly help in the long opportunity, “It’s pretty cool that says “I am very excited to go

in the world than helping those who are struggling and there is no more fundamental struggle than the challengeto feed one’s family. .org, 49.1 million Americans lived in food insecure households, 33.3 million adults and 15.8 million children. The good news is, we can help them out. There is a great charity called The Community Food Bank of New Jersey where volunteers can do just this. There are many different ways in which you can help this charity.

First, you could donate money to this charity. According to cfbnj.org, 96% of the money this charity receives goes directly to help feed hungry New Jersey residents. You can even donate on a monthly basis if you

term, but money is not the only thing you can donate. The second way you could help your fellow residents of New Jersey in need, is by donating food to this charity.

The Community Food Bank of New Jersey is in great need of a constant supply of food, seeing as it is a food bank. Their usual drop off hours are from 8am to 4pm and they are located at 31 Evans Terminal, Hillside, NJ 07205 and 6735 Black Horse Pike Egg Harbor Twp, NJ 08234. The most needed foods are usually tuna, salmon, spam, chicken, ham, shelf stable milk, pasta, potatoes, rice, cereal, mac & cheese, chili, stews, meaty soups, peanut butter, and fruit.

Sophomore, Olivia Allegra, commented on the opportunity, “Its pretty cool that us as students can do such a simple thing as take some food and donate and really impact someone’s life”.

Though this charity greatly appreciates donations of money and food they also appreciate when one assists by donating their time to this charity. Mr. Kaplan, teacher, who is also the advisor for the Key Club, says, “Community service gives our students the opportunity to give back to a community that gives so much to us” This is by far the best option for students because students gain the great gratification of helping others in need, and on top of that achieve our community service hours. You can volunteer as an individual, family or group, and almost anyone can volunteer! Sophomore, Noah Gagnon

and help out those in need!” If you are interested in doing any of the previously mentioned volunteer work you can contact the Director of School Programs and Community Outreach, Michelle Jansen, at either [email protected] or 908-355-3663 extension 27. Hurry, their program tailored towards having students come in and help ends on December 11th.