February Everyday Hero: Tyce Hanratty

Gianna Galesi
Tyce’s Everyday Hero award is on display in the English hallway

“A student who stands out for all the right reasons; with modesty and kindness,” freshman Tyce Hanratty’s selflessness has earned him the title of this February’s Everyday Hero. He is an active member of both the football and baseball teams—being a linebacker in football and a pitcher and center-fielder in baseball. “How I contribute on the field is by showing up with a positive attitude and helping my teammates and team succeed to their fullest potential,” Tyce expresses.

Several teachers have noticed Tyce’s compassionate approach and willingness to help others, both on the athletic field and in the classroom. “Tyce is extremely respectful and kind to his fellow classmates and teachers,” the Everyday Hero Committee highlights, “[He] is unassuming in the way he quietly looks for ways to help others.”

Art and digital photography teacher personally Mrs. Newman exclaims how Tyce has stood out to her as a model student by being “the first student to help someone who is struggling in a really kind way, and put others’ needs before his own. He is the type of kid I could rely on to always do the right thing and I really appreciate his presence in my classroom.”

Outside of school, Tyce spends time nearly everyday at the local YMCA to workout. He is also involved in his church, attending it quite often. “I also enjoy spending time with family and friends,” says Tyce.

His character is further exemplified through his personal and academic goals. This year, Tyce is aiming to maintain good grades in all of his classes and to “thrive in the classroom.” He also seeks success in the upcoming baseball season.

“When I first heard my name as February’s Everyday Hero, I felt a wave of joy and sense of accomplishment,” says Tyce, “It is an honor to represent this award and be recognized throughout the school.”