HSA creates special memories for senior class

Although the class of 2021 may not have received the senior year they hoped for, the parents at Bernards High School have organized fun surprises for them. Because of COVID-19, all of the events seniors normally would experience during their last year of high school were cancelled. A number of senior parents have banded together and helped to plan “Senior Love” events. They feel as though the seniors should “still feel special despite all the challenges” they have faced this past year. Because COVID has taken its toll on everyone, especially the seniors, volunteering to help them in ways like Senior Love and Project Graduation can help to help them feel like they did not lose their last year in high school. 

One of the surprises was hot chocolate bombs and milk, which were first given to the seniors in January. In February, they were given “make your own pizza kits”. In March, they did a “Willy Wonka style ‘100 Days Until Graduation’ celebration, where seniors were given Oreo cookies and a chance to win a Golden Ticket for cash prizes.” The next surprise is coming out towards the end of March. 

As a way for parents to celebrate the seniors in their last year at Bernard High School, Senior Love has hopefully given them some joy during these hard times. 

Stefanie Lesnik is just one of the many parents who has helped organize the events. When asked about how she feels the seniors feel about the events, Lesnik said “We really think the seniors appreciate what the parents are doing. You can see the smiles behind their masks.” 

When asked how she feels Senior Love is so important this year, she said “Senior Love is about making sure the seniors know that the parents, school, and community realize that this year has been anything but what they expected and looked forward to.”