Battle of the Bands Performers Profiles

The Green Team is hosting its annual Battle of the Bands fundraiser tonight, April 24 at 7:00pm in the BHS Performing Arts Center. A few of the performers tonight shared some insight into their sound and plans tonight. Be sure to check it out. Tickets are $8 for BHS students and other children, $10 for adults, or $5 if you come sporting one of the new Green Team shirts.

Grey Walle

Stephen Walley and Emma Grey

Best friends Stephen and Emma have always wanted to perform together. Emma said “We tried to come up with a cool name by combining our last names and making the “E” silent. Both Stephen and Emma are going to be majoring in music in college. Stephen is going for vocal performance and Emma is going for clarinet performance. They will be performing “Sweet Disposition” by The Temper Trap and a mashup of “Problem” and “Break Free” by Ariana Grande. Last year this band placed third in the competition and this year they are hoping for first or second but overall looking forward to having a fun time.

Third Wheel

Emma Christus, Max Berg, Sophia Das

Third Wheel began last year when Max Berg joined in on Ben Baxter and Sophia Das’ band. This year Ben Baxter will not be able to perform due to another conflict, but Emma Christus will be replacing him for the night. Sophia Das said “Max Berg, Emma Christus and I performed at an open mic night and sang “Say Something”. It sounded amazing so we wanted to bring it to Battle of The Bands!”. Third Wheel will also be performing  “Come Pick Me Up” by Ryan Adams. Max Berg said “We are really excited to be back after coming in second place last year and it is a great opportunity for us to perform at the school.”

Adolescence

Darian Hampton, Alec Steinhorn, Dan Mayer, Thomas Reilly, Henry Theiner, Austin Mistretta

Adolescence was inspired by Darian Hampton because he felt like we teenagers are all going through life not fully matured, but we know enough about life to get us by. Daniel Mayer will be playing the bass, Alec Steinhorn on the keys, Austin Mistretta playing the guitar, Henry Theiner on the aux,percussion and sax and of course Darian singing and rapping. Thomas Reilly said “I am really excited to play with this group as i have been working with each musician for the entire year in different projects and performances.” Adolescence is very open minded, and each person of the band offers a particular style to the group. They will be playing Childish Gambino’s “Urn” and Frank Oceans “Sweet Life”.

Hunter Gatherer

Hunter Kane, Dan Mayer, Carter Prince

Hunter Gatherer was birthed out of the fiery pits of Carter Prince’s basement, when he and I decided to put some instruments to lyrics he had written. Their name is a reference to both Hunters name and to the early nomadic tribes of humans known as “Hunter Gatherers”. We will be playing one original song about adventure and Ontario called “Adventure Song” as well as a cover of the classic “Surfin Safari” by the Beach Boys. Hunter Kane said “One other song will be coming your way, but that is top secret for now”.

Sophia Das and Becky Baldwin

Sophia Das and Becky Baldwin once participated in an open mic night for the “More Than Me Foundation” and that was their inspiration to play together at Battle of The Bands. Sophia and Becky will be doing a very different and slowed down version of “Toxic” and “Goodbye” by Who Is Fancy.

Other bands performing include: Alec, Amar and Graham (Alec Steinhorn, Amar Bindra and Graham Brady), Alec Emerson(Alec Steinhorn), Jett Sings (Jett Singh), and Quarter Smith (Jett Singh, Hunter Kane, Austin Mistretta, Dan Mayer, Alec Steinhorn).