Jazz Band Raises money for Charity

During the holiday season, it is always important to give back to the community. The Bernards High School Jazz Ensemble and Madrigals, as well as the Bernards Middle School choir students are doing just that.

Putting their musical talents to good use, these students have created and are now selling their annual holiday CD, Home For The Holidays, to raise money for causes they care about.

One-hundred percent of the profits earned from the holiday CD will go to the Children’s Brain Tumor Project at the Weill Cornell Pediatric Brain and Spine Center, as well as “Give Kids the World”, a non-profit organization that provides weeklong vacations for families with children who bear life- threatening illnesses.

Home For The Holidays consists of many traditional holiday songs performed by our very own Bernards High artists. Songs include; “The Most Wonderful Time of the Year” (performed by BHS Jazz Band Ensemble), “Deck the Halls in 7/8” (performed by BHS Madrigals), “Christmas is Coming” (performed by BHS Jazz trio), “Baby It’s Cold Outside” (performed by Joshua Berg and Lina Glynn), “Night of Silence” (performed by the BMS choir), “The First Noel” (performed by BHS Jazz Band Ensemble), “Yver, vous n’estes qu’un vilain (from Trois Chansons de Charles d’Orléans)” (performed by BHS Madrigals), “White Christmas” (performed by BHS Jazz Band Combo), “This is My Wish” (performed by BHS Jazz trio feat: Olivia Lawrence), “Sunday Waltz” (performed by BHS Jazz trio feat: Graham Brady), “Silent Night” (performed by Jennifer Rupert and Kat Sillen), and “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” (performed by BHS Jazz trio feat: Kate Morandi).

Bernards Jazz Band Ensemble member, and current junior, Allie Shaw, stated “I work with an incredibly talented group of artists that put in a lot of effort into the CD to make it enjoyable for the students at BHS.”

The amount of effort given by artists is evident. Students of BHS will greatly enjoy the holiday songs knowing their classmates were the ones performing them.

BHS Senior Steven Gribben said, “Purchasing Home For The Holidays and supporting our music program gives us all a chance to give back and do some good, which is exactly what the holidays are about.”

Home For The Holidays is a chance for BHS and BMS artists to distribute their hard work and passion to the community, but most importantly it is a chance to do some good and give back to the world.

Home For the Holidays began being sold on the 7th of December for only 20$ a CD for students and teachers to purchase.

CDs were also available for purchase at the Bernards High School, Bernards Middle School, and Bedminster Township concerts. CDs are currently available for purchase from Bernards Jazz Band and Madrigals members.