Beyoncé world tour hits the big screen

A+show+of+the+Beyonc%C3%A9+Renaissance+Tour+
Julia Schmidt
A show of the Beyoncé Renaissance Tour

On December 1, 2023, Beyoncé and her film-making team released a movie about Beyoncé’s 6-month long tour for her album Renaissance. While the movie showcases the tour and the fun aspects such as her songs, there are personal elements that embrace the imperfections of this pop star. Beyoncé has reached a new level of stardom with the Renaissance era and the release of her film. So far she has profited nearly 22 million dollars from the box office in just one weekend. Beyoncé is famously private about her life and doesn’t share much, which is why her fans are raving about this new insight into her life.  Celebrities showed up to the premiere of the movie, such as Taylor Swift. The premiere took place in London on November 30, 2023. 

Her movie debuted popular songs such as “CUFF IT” and “ALIEN SUPERSTAR”, songs from her newest album, Act 1 Renaissance. “My favorite song from the Renaissance album is probably “PLASTIC OFF THE SOFA,” Ella Ecko ‘25 said, “I found Beyoncé and her daughters’ relationship relatable. Beyoncé expects a lot from Blue Ivy and it is similar to me and my mom in the way that I have to earn her respect. Also, this is a bold statement but Beyoncé’s movie definitely outshines Taylor Swift’s, especially in the fans appreciation and culture.” 

Julia Schmidt ‘26 attended the Renaissance World Tour and said, “It felt like [she] was at the concert when watching the movie but it also showed [her] the personal side of the tour and Beyoncé’s life. Beyoncé was a member of the 90s band, Destiny’s Child until she made the shift to be a solo artist. Since then she has released seven studio albums and also collaborated with her husband, Jay-Z for the album Everything is Love. She has three children, named Blue Ivy, Rumi, and Sir. The oldest, Blue Ivy, was featured in the film as a performer during the tour. 

The Beehive has shown their dedication during the tour and at the movie as well. Fans took advantage of the opportunity to experience the tour without having to be there physically. Documentaries like these help the fans connect with the artist.