Annabelle: The Go-to Horror Film of the Year

Image by New York Daily News

October is a month of horror and suspense, and Annabelle will definitely be on the list of movies you will want to watch this month. Does anyone remember that creepy doll from The Conjuring? This October, Annabelle has her own story to tell. Directors from The Conjuring decided to take a spin off from the doll in their latest scream wrenching movie. But before you get too settled in to your movie seat, this movie is yet again based on another true story. Whether you believe in ghosts or not, it will be sure to scare. This movie follows the Perron family while they are moving into their new Rhode Island home. Not only is the story real, the doll itself is as well.

The back story on the doll is that a nursing student named Donna received the doll as a gift from her mother. Soon Donna and her roommate began to notice that the doll was being moved around in the house by herself. A friend Lou, who was staying with the two women claimed that the doll tried to attack him while he was sleeping and remembered waking up with claw marks all over his body. After this incident the girls started finding notes around their apartment that read “help me”. Rather than leaving the apartment, Donna and her friend instead take a leap of faith and go to a medium to get rid of whatever is wrong with the doll. The medium tells the girls that the doll was possessed with the spirit of a little girl who died on the field where their apartments were built. The little girl claimed that she was only seeking safety and that she means no harm. Sadly, that wasn’t the case. After Lou had more nightmares and marks on his body they contacted The Warrens. The couple are psychics and demonic investigators, featured in the film The Conjuring and also real life people, sent to many real life paranormal crime scenes, such as The Amityville Horror house. Annabelle the doll was posing as a little ghost girl so it could capture Donna’s soul. Now remember this is only the backstory of the doll, the actual movie is doing an entirely different spin of their own.

This story is not only perfect for a horror movie it also connects back to The Warrens from The Conjuring, giving the directors a perfect chance to make another hit. If you’re still curious about the Annabelle doll she is resting in the Warrens’ Occult Museum in Connecticut . You can go visit the doll…if you have the guts to.

Annabelle hits theaters this October 3rd.