Winters Best Musical Performances

Photo by Shutterstock

Z100’s annual Jingle Ball event is coming to Madison Square Garden just in time for the Holidays The concert will take place on December 12th, 2014 and will start around 8 PM. DJ Elvis Duran will host and the lineup will include Taylor Swift, 5 Seconds of Summer, Ariana Grande, Maroon 5, Iggy Azalea, Sam Smith, Calvin Harris, Jessie J, Pharrell, Meghan Trainor, OneRepublic, Kiesza, Rixton, Rita Ora, Shawn Mendes and Charli XCX.

Nick Jonas will also return to the Jingle Ball as a special guest host. This is Nick’s first time as a host to the Jingle Ball since he was a performer in 2012. Freshman Bianca Pineda says “I am most excited for Taylor Swift and 5 Seconds of Summer and wish Ed Sheeran and the Vamps were performing”.

Many of these artists have just released new, chart-topping albums this year. “Every year Z100 brings the biggest names in music together in New York City for the largest concert of the holiday season” said Sharon Dastur, Z100’s Program Director. Taylor Swift recently released 1989 which became the years first platinum album in its first week, selling 1.2 million copies. New Artists such as Iggy Azalea, 5 Seconds of Summer, Sam Smith, and Charli XCX have been able to create a fanbase quickly with the releases of their new albums.

Ariana Grande, Maroon 5, and OneRepublic have excited fans with the release of their new albums that came out this year. Pharrell has had several collaborations with various artists including Ed Sheeran and Robin Thicke, making Jingle Ball a great way to end his year. Bianca Pineda also says “I hope that Taylor Swift sings more of her new material off of 1989 at the concert.”

Tickets were sold via Ticketmaster to XZVIP members in October. The tickets have since sold out and can be purchased on ticket retailers such as Stubhub, Ticketmaster, Vivid Seats, and more.The prices of tickets ranges from $180 to almost $20,000 per ticket. Due to the tickets high prices, many fans find themselves home tracking the event online via social media.

Sophomore Stephanie Cardenas says “I plan to follow the event online because I don’t feel the need to pay over $300 for nosebleed seats” Other Jingle Ball’s are taking place in major cities throughout the United States such as Los Angeles, Seattle, Saint Paul, and Philadelphia include artists that are performing in New York as well as others that join the tour in other locations. This will be Jingle Ball’s 19th year at Madison Square Garden and many hope it will live up to expectations.