Fun Fall Activities

Thanksgiving is coming up and that means we are well on our way through fall. As this year’s fall is coming to a close we need to make sure we are able to complete all of the exciting activities this season has to offer.

For starters it is always a fun time to get lost in a cornfield with loved ones or close friends. Apple and pumpkin picking are also ways to get out of the house for a good time. If you have time on your hands, driving around and leaf-peeping is a beautiful activity that can be only done during this beautiful season.  

During the fall the trees and scenery are beautiful. This offers amazing views for hot air balloon rides, hayrides, taking walks, going hiking, or just going out in the country and having a nice picnic. New Jersey has more than enough legitimate places that offer these activities. Taylor DeMartino, a senior at BHS, enjoys taking walks and watching all the scenery. She says that “Taking long walks in the woods during this time is a beautiful experience that I love to do.”

For the football fans out there, fall is known for NFL and college football season. Every Sunday (for the NFL) and Saturday (for college) as well as Monday and Thursday nights are action packed full of great football. Grilling some steaks and watching the games on the weekend is an activity many look forward to all week. Going to a game and tailgating is also a popular and fun activity in the fall. On a smaller note, high school fall sports are also in swing. Going down to the school and supporting the team is a cool experience you won’t regret, and it’s great to see classmates on the field. Junior, Ryan Tantleff, loves going to the school home games. “I always look forward to going to the Bernards home games, it is always a good time hanging out with my classmates and cheering on our team.”

For the foodies out there the fall offers all sorts of great food products and recipes. Cooking an apple or pumpkin pie is a good activity to do and an even better activity to eat. Candy apples, butternut squash soup, and pumpkin bread are all great fall foods that are tasty and easy to make.    

Any time you are ever bored or don’t know what to do, think a little bit harder because there is always exciting things to do during these autumn months. Whether it’s getting outside on a hike, watching football, or supporting our Bernards sports teams, there are so many options for embracing this season.