ABC’s Marvel Drama Agent Carter Cancelled

The ABC network recently announced that “Agent Carter” will not be renewed for a third season. Hayley Atwell reprises the role of Peggy Carter from the Marvel Cinematic Universe in the spinoff series. The show follows Agent Peggy Carter as she battles new threats that emerged after World War II. Atwell has already signed on taking another lead role with ABC’s newest project, “Conviction. Despite heaps of praises from critics, the show only received a 1.4 rating among adults under 50 and 4.3 million total viewers. Agent Carter’s ratings couldn’t compete with another ABC Marvel drama, “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” Fans are outraged over the news, especially since the show’s latest episode ended on a cliffhanger. Although” Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D” came before “Agent Carter,” the show provided Marvel fans with a bridge to the history of the Marvel Cinematic Universe that S.H.I.E.L.D couldn’t, left untouched after “Captain America: The First Avenger.

Fans have been theorizing with the cancellation of the show and Marvel’s newest movie, “Captain America: Civil War.” Some believe the events that happened in Civil War are why the spin-off show has been cancelled.

With the fan-beloved show up on the chopping block, a petition has been started to move “Agent Carter” to Netflix instead. Netflix already has Marvel’s “Jessica Jones” and “Daredevil” under their wings, and fans are hoping they will pick up “Agent Carter” as well. There have already been more than 86,000 signatures, 63,000 more are needed to reach the goal of 150,000 signatures. The petition calls out to Netflix, ABC, and Marvel. “Agent Carter was a show who united a lot of people, just for Peggy. Her fandom is really united, we all love Peggy,” the user who started the petition wrote. “Her series has been canceled, but we can bring her to NETFLIX!” Fans who commented support repeatedly point out how much of an amazing role model Peggy Carter is, reciting phrases coined by the character such as “I know my own worth.”

Among the other ABC network shows to be cancelled such as “Castle” and “Nashville,” the cancellation of “Agent Carter” stirred up the most buzz. Fans are hoping the iconic character will get to come back once again and do what she does best.