New Chipotle opens in Basking Ridge

Chipotle Mexican Grill will opening one of its ever popular franchises in Basking Ridge in late May or early June. It will be located a 25 Mountainview Boulevard, occupying the former space of Persian Team Room. There is a buzz of excitement in the air. Sophomore Christina Bergman said, “ I’m really excited because its closer than the one in Bridgewater and won’t be as crowded.” The new franchise is also closer than the Madison and New Providence locations.

The opening of Chipotle led to people asking what food place would you want to see in Bernardsville or Basking ridge? In a survey of 149 students, Five Guys Burgers and Fries was the favorite. 49 people voted for the burger joint. Junior Lucas said, “Five Guys makes a cheeseburger that is better than any other chain’s cheeseburger. Its so good.” The next two most popular responses were Shake Shack (25 votes) and Dunkin’ Donuts (17 votes). The full results can be seen in the Pie Chart below.

There were some unique responses. One was Tito’s Burritos, a small chain that has recently started in New Jersey. Another student wanted a frozen yogurt place, specifically Red Mango. Salad Creations also go a vote, and some other people replied they wanted something healthy. One student wanted a Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse. Lastly, one hopeful student wishes that an In and Out Burger opens in Bernardsville, despite the fact that the chain currently exists only in five west coast states.

pie chart