One of the most pondered on questions: Are we alone in the universe?

Ari Rosen
Infamous Blue Moon on August 30th 2023

In recent years, the possibility of extraterrestrial life has raised questions: Are we the only ones out there? With huge advancements in modern technology it has made a once sought out question now become almost a reality. With there being 8 planets in our solar system and 5,510 total in the Milky Way and with that there are approximately 100 billion stars in it. The chances of us being alone are slim to none. Outside of that, there could potentially be up to 2 trillion more galaxies with countless amounts of stars. Essentially, there is a number beyond comprehension of how many planets and stars there are. This plays a huge role in determining if we are alone or not.

Recent discoveries from NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope showed, on the planet k2-18B, that there are signs of Carbon molecules like Carbon dioxide and Methane. K2-18b could be a planet that is capable of a hydrogen atmosphere and an ocean covered surface.

Matt Mariani 24’, who has recently been intrigued by Aliens claims: “I think there is a chance that there is other life somewhere, because of how big the universe is.”

With the recent discovery of K2-18b a new question arises: could the government be hiding information about extraterrestrial life?

You see news of potential UFOs but never anything else beyond that.

Jp Walsh, an alien enthusiast thinks, “the government is hiding information related to them. It’s kind of fishy how we have not been told more information about them.”

Almost every day you are seeing a new UFO or a report of a weird looking object on the ground that could be an alien. WIth most of these reports being fake,headline grabbing stories, it takes away from what truly could be out there and the way to report it. When you see a report with most of the time it being fake, it can have a negative impact. It creates this false perspective of what extraterrestrial life can be. I think it needs to be shown in another way. Rather than be shown as this scary alternative. It can be shown as an interesting way of life that the possibility of other living things can be out there. Hopefully one day we will be able to find out the truth if we are alone or not.