‘Spider-Man: No Way Home’ Review

The wait is finally over, ‘Spider-Man: No Way Home’ hit theaters on December 16th and has become the most anticipated comic book, and Marvel movie since ‘Avengers: Endgame.’

Director Jon Watts and producers Kevin Feige and Amy Pascal gave fans one of the most memorable and star-heavy movies of all time. The return of Tom Holland as Peter Parker / Spider-Man following the events of ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ set up a ride full of many laughs, cheers, and tears.

There will be spoilers in this review, as you’ve been warned.

Both a top tier comic book and Marvel movie, ‘Spider-Man: No Way Home’ was a crazy 2 hour and 30 minute ride that Marvel fans will never forget. Finishing with the 3rd largest Global Opening of all time (behind ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ and ‘Avengers: Endgame’) its clear superhero fatigue clearly hasn’t set in on the box office quite yet.

With so much to live up to and so many rumors surfacing around the returns of iconic villains such as Willem Dafoe’s ‘Green Goblin,’ Alfred Molina’s ‘Doc Ock’ and Jamie Foxx’s ‘Electro,’ along with the rumors of Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield reprising their roles as ‘Spider-Man,’ Director Jon Watts did a fantastic job of not forcing each characters return.

As Ned and MJ wishfully opened portals hoping for their Peter Parker (Tom Holland) to return, the reveals of Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield Spider-Mans were perfect. Throughout the world, videos revealed the excitement fans had as the two returned to the big screen. 

Each villain’s introduction to Tom Holland’s Spider-Man was solid, as they all wreaked havoc on Tom’s Peter in their own way. Willem Dafoe killed his performance as Green Goblin once again, putting on one of the greatest villain performances comic book fans have ever seen. His killing of Aunt May held fans speechless and opened up a darkside to Tom Holland’s Peter Parker / Spider-Man we’ve never seen before. His laugh as Peter continuously punched him in their hallway fight scene, ability to intensify Tom’s Spider-Man, and stabbing of Tobey Maguire’s Spider-Man showed just how evil of a character the Green Goblin is.

As all three Spider-Mans teamed up to take on the five villains, fans got to see some of the coolest interactions in movie history. Tom, Tobey, and Andrew showed off their best versions of Peter Parker and what it means to be the friendly-neighborhood spider. 

When Tom’s Spider-Man looked to avenge his Aunt May’s death by killing Green Goblin, Tobey and Andrews characters reminded him of what it means to be the man in the spider suit. As the three hugged before returning to their respectful worlds, fans were brought to tears by the love the Spider-Mans shared for one another. An impactful ending to their time together, and a special moment in both Marvel and cinematic history.

As Tom’s Spider-Man went to Doctor Strange and told him to cast a spell that would have everyone he knew and loved forget him, he hugged MJ and Ned for one last time.

When Tom returned to the coffee shop MJ worked at to “re-introduce” himself to her and Ned, he realized the two most important people in his life would be safer without Spider-Man in their lives. When asking MJ about her acceptance into MIT, Tom’s Peter hesitates and realizes to leave their “reintroduction” as is. Following Tom’s departure he made his way over to his Aunt May’s grave and was greeted by Happy for the first time as “strangers.” 

His creation of a new comic book accurate suit left fans in awe, and excited for the future of Tom Holland’s Spider-Man. 

One of the greatest comic book movies of all time, Spider-Man fans witnessed history on the big screen, and have a lot to look forward to for Tom Holland’s next trilogy.