Marvel Announces Films To Be Released Throughout Phase Four

The Marvel franchise has produced an astounding amount of films in recent years, many that helped define cinema of the 2000’s and 2010’s. After Endgame, the final Avengers movie, some fans were left wondering where the franchise would go next. Now, Marvel fanatics are having their questions answered, as the company released a list pertaining to what films fans can expect to see in theaters throughout the next couple of years.

The Marvel Cinematic Universe has big plans to kick off phase four of the series with the highly anticipated Black Widow movie. Starring Scarlett Johanson, Florence Pugh, and David Harbour, fans have long awaited this female-led film. Johanson played the first and only original female avenger back in 2012, and since then fan’s of the heroine have longed to see her story explored in her own feature film. Now, nine years later, fans will finally see this come to fruition. The original release date was set a year earlier, but pushed back due to COVID-19 restrictions preventing a proper theatrical release. The film will now be in theaters starting July 9, 2021.

Other films to look forward to include Shang-Chi and The Legend of Ten Rings, coming out in September of 2021. Following that, The Eternals is expected to be released in November of 2021. Spider-Man: No Way Home will be released in December of 2021, and wrap up the fan favorite Spider-Man trilogy.

In 2022, as early as March, viewers can expect to see Doctor Strange In the Multiverse of Madness, which is theorized to expand upon conflict established in the popular show Wandavision. Then, despite initial belief, Thor will be returning to the big screen in Thor: Love and Thunder that May. The Summer will commence in July with Black Panther: Wakanda Forever. Marvel fans were saddened to learn the star of the Black Panther franchise, Chadwick Boseman, had passed away in 2020 due to a long fight with cancer. However, fans are excited to see his legacy continue in this movie, and remember him for his positive impact on the world through this groundbreaking film. The following November, The Marvels will be released, expanding upon Captain Marvel’s storyline.

Finally, in 2023, Paul Rudd will return to play his loveable and popular character, Ant-Man, in the film, Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania, to be released in February of that year. That May, fans will follow the Guardians of the Galaxy around space once more, in Volume 3 of their story. Other films have yet to have a set release date, including the Fantastic Four, X-Men, and Blade.

It is clear that the popular franchise is not dying down, and will only continue to expand and grow as time goes on. While phase three was beloved, it is time for fans to say goodbye to that moment in the series timeline, and look forward to the heroes of phase four.