Fall Events Happening in Our Area

Bedminster, NJ — On Saturday, Oct. 14, this year’s edition of the Bedminster Charities Fall Fest will brighten up River Road Park in Bedminster with music, entertainment and fun for a whole family. Fall Fest begins at 11 am and is set to end at 5 pm.

The charities are for seven Bedminster-based organizations: Pottersville Volunteer Fire Company, The Center for Contemporary Art, Far Hills- Bedminster Fire Department, Far Hills- Bedminster First Aid Squad, Friends of the Jacobus Vanderveer House, Friends of the Clarence Dillon Public Library and Bedminster School Parent Teacher Organization. Each organization donates money to the town to help fundraise for future events and this is why the town is able to host Fall Fest Annually.

Admission is $5 per person and children who are 3 and younger are free. Admission includes parking, entrance to the Fall Fest, live music and entertainment, many children based activities: such as 10 huge bouncy houses, games of chance (everyone wins), face painting, long hay rides. Vendor booths, big giveaways, and a silent auction.

Not only are the people from the charities giving to the community during this event, but it is open to volunteers and students who are looking for early community service hours as well. Volunteering for these events brightens up the community– especially with the help of children who come to have a fun time with their friends.

Harry Potter Festival in New Jersey & Pennsylvania

Any Harry Potter fans out there? Well this will be the perfect event for you! One of the book choices for our recent summer reading assignments was Short Stories from Hogwarts of Heroism, Hardship and Dangerous Hobbies: a history, which talks all about Transformation teacher, Professor Mcgonagall and past Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, Remus Lupin. The magic of the Wizarding World arrives for the first ever Pitman Potter Festival beginning on Friday, October 20, and going through Saturday, October 21st. Do not worry! This festival is located in New Jersey!

The festival kicks off on Friday evening at 6 p.m. with a showing of Harry Potter & the Sorcerer’s Stone at the Broadway Theatre of Pitman. Saturday, at 11 a.m., the festivities begin with a variety of activities for all ages including the iconic beginning scene for every book, the Sorting Hat Ceremony in the Pitman Grove Auditorium. Soon after that, a Defense Against the Dark Arts class at Sunset Auditorium and more and more magical entertainment to appear over the course of the day.

Not only is there going to be a festival in New Jersey, there will also be another Harry Potter festival going on in Chestnut Hill, Pennsylvania, on Friday, October 20th, and Saturday, October 21st.

This blockbuster festival takes over this delightful town for two days of events that magically morph the neighborhood into a much loved fictional world. Some Annual Festival Highlights: Wands and Wizard Night on the Avenue; which include costume contests for the chance to win a cash prize, the Hogwarts Express, Opening Ceremony, and an iconic game of Quidditch.

All entry is free. Fans are to pay while they walk by the tents with all of their Galleons and Knuts.