Anastasia Review

This year has been a great year for new broadway debuts from great hits such as Hamilton and Dear Evan Hansen. The stage now welcomes Anastasia. Many are familiar with the animated movie Anastasia which follows a girl who cannot remember anything about herself and her life. The movie follows the young woman to Paris while she searches for her family and the missing links to her past. Anastasia is a lost princess who forget her past, a lost Romanov. Something she does not know until the end of the movie.

The play is going to be based from the original movie but the directors decided to change up the plot and create new songs to help fit this new and improved show. They have even done their share of research on 1900’s Russia to make sure that the play is historically accurate rather than the made of plot which was what the original movie portrayed.

Olivia Lawrence said “I am happy that they adapted a broadway show out of this movie since it’s one of my favorites.” For those who haven’t seen the movie that’s okay because the play was just as great and entertaining. Stars; Derek Klena, Christy Altomare, Ramin Karimloo have been working endlessly for months to perfect their roles and bring this great animated movie to light.

The show was beautifully created. The costumes were extravagant and timeless. The cast put their heart out on stage to deliver a performance of a lifetime. I would highly recommend this show to anyone of my peers for it was not only entertaining but it was worth the long wait in line to get tickets. This show is fit for families and for any type of person. If you don’t enjoy seeing broadway shows I would recommend giving this one a chance because it was not disappointing. Cast members lined up after the show to sign autographs and talk with audience members as well. The entire experience was enjoyable and the play is definitely a hit.