Will Taylor Swift Address Rumors With A New Album?

As one of the forefront faces in pop music and culture, any song or album Taylor Swift releases is set to be a hit. Ten years ago, on October 26th, 2006 (iTunes), Taylor Swift released her first album Taylor Swift. Her next album, Fearless, was released roughly two years later on November 11th, 2008. In accordance with her pattern, Speak Now was released October 25th, 2010. Once again, two years later, her next album was released. Red was where Swift first experienced with pop music, while some songs still had country undertones. Two years ago, 1989 came out on October 27, 2014, where the the experimentation with Pop music came into play, as Swift released her first Pop album, another Grammy award-winning “Album of the Year.” VMA Awards won by Swift include Video of the Year and Best Pop Video, alongside others. Her album 1989 was the first album of 2014 to become platinum, according to the Washington Post.

Her songs have left much up for interpretation sometimes in terms of her relationships, but she often drops hints about them and their reasons for success or failure. From years past, she has always released her album around the same time. But this year, Swift has not done any promotions or even announced a new album. Many of her fans predict that she is set to release a surprise album, but she and her team have not given a statement about it yet. Given that two years have passed since 1989, rumors have been swirling that Swift’s new album will be released towards the end of the month. Swift said to USA Today that she likes how her fans “know whatever I’m going through now, they’ll hear about it on a record someday. They’ll hear the real story…It’s not as instant as going on a gossip blog. But it’s much more accurate.” Swift could be using her next album to address the drama she has been involved in with her two ex-boyfriends and the Kanye drama over his song “Famous”. Knowing that she could give her side to the stories will be yet another reason why her possible new album is worth a listen.

Swift’s new album would expand on demonstrating her abilities with Pop music and her success in that genre. 1989 was her first Pop album, and that album is her most successful album to date. Her next album could garner more success or listens after many want for her to respond to the events that have taken place in her life since the fall of 2014. Bernards High School staff member Ms. Murphy said that she is “nervous for her because given all the recent drama — Calvin, Tom Hiddleston and Kimye — everyone will be over-scrutinizing every lyric to every song and assuming it’s about one of those people”. Junior Emily Scalia said, “I preferred her music in 2012 and I don’t really like her as a person, but I think that she works really hard, so I wish her the best.” With the speculation swirling around her album, only time will tell if Taylor Swift will release her next album, and if it will prove to shut down the drama she has been involved in.

screen-shot-2016-10-26-at-9-31-06-am