New York Fashion Week Takes Bernards High

Although New York fashion week came to a close as of September 15th, many students are taking inspiration straight from the runway to the hallways. Whether it’s cut-out shirts or oversize t shirts as dresses, students are loving to incorporate styles they see in the public eye right to our fashion-forward school. Recently, many people, celebrities and even students, have been incorporating vintage styles into their everyday wardrobe. Many styles from the 90’s have been coming back in full force.

screen-shot-2016-10-18-at-9-39-07-am

Deep v-necks – Whether it’s rompers or flowy shirts, a deep v neck with a bralette is something many students are seen wearing recently. The runway loves them too, with many models seen sporting v necks on maxi dresses, rompers, etc.

Cat eye sunglasses– A fun way to bring back style from the 50s and 60s, many have loved sporting this vintage look! During the summer, the fashion-forward glasses are a staple to many looks and can bring an outfit to the next level.

Denim on denim – Denim on denim was a phenomenon in the 90s, and is now coming back stronger than ever. Whether it’s a tight denim skirt with a denim top, or skinny jeans and a denim top, models and students alike are loving to rock denim in all different ways.

screen-shot-2016-10-18-at-9-38-31-am

Cut out shoulder – Whether it’s Free People, Urban Outfitters, or Garage, so many stores are incorporating cut out shoulders into all of their styles. It can vary from t shirts to dresses to rompers. Whatever it is, Bernards High likes showing a little bit of shoulder.

Chokers– A blast from the past, chokers were popular in the 1990s among teenagers all over. Coming back in full force, this edgy trend can either be a subtle accent or a full on centerpiece to your look.

Black on black– Although all black outfits typically get a bad rap, many students love this chic look, especially throughout the fall and winter season. The simplistic yet powerful look is simple and easy to put together, and is super popular throughout winter.

Boyfriend hoodie / casual wear– The oversized sweater is a super comfortable staple to any wardrobe, and there’s a reason girls love to snuggle up in boy’s hoodies. The tomboy look of the boyfriend hoodie is not only a cute but comfy way to get warm during the cold season.

Belly chain– An easy way to make any outfit look interesting, body chains are a staple, bringing some bling to any simple piece. Over the summer, girls wore belly chains with their bikinis, but it is easy to pair any body chain with a simple sweater or dress.

Calvins peaking out – Calvin Klein’s have been majorly on the rise recently, especially the sports bras and underwear. As first seen on the runway, students are now rocking Calvins sticking out of their boyfriend jeans or t shirts. It adds a edgy touch to any outfit.

Graphic tees– Graphic tees, popular during the 80s and 90s, are a great way to be casual while making a statement (literally). Simple graphic tees are comfy and casual, and makes an outfit a little more exciting.

Camis on top of shirts– As you could probably tell, a bunch of trends from the past are resurfacing in full force. Another vintage look is the camisoles-on-top-of-shirts, and these light layers can add some interesting dimension to any look.

screen-shot-2016-10-18-at-9-38-06-am