2016 Billboard Music Awards

The annual Billboard Music Awards will be airing on Sunday, May 22. It will be playing on ABC at 8 p.m. ET from the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. It will be hosted by singer Ludacris and Ciara. Ludacris has hosted the awards in the past but it will be Ciara’s first time hosting this event. At the awards, there will be many different types of people presenting awards. Some of these people include  Kristen Bell, 2016 Miss America winner Betty Cantrell, Wiz Khalifa, Mila Kunis, Ashton Kutcher, Idina Menzel, Keke Palmer and Fall Out Boy’s Pete Wentz. During the ceremony, there is always various performances and sometimes tributes. Fifth Harmony, Ariana Grande,Blake Shelton,Justin Bieber, and Meghan Trainor will be some of the singers performing. Also during the event, Madonna will be paying tribute to her fellow artist, Prince. Artist Adele will be debuting the video to her new song ‘Send My Love (To Your New Lover)’. According to Billboard.com, Adele’s song was shot in London and produced by Patrick Daughters.

There is a variety of different awards that will be given on during the awards. For example, top country album, top rap album, top latin artist, top rock album, and also top latin album. One of the most highly anticipated awards is the top artist award. In the running for this is Adele, Justin Bieber, Drake, Taylor Swift, and The Weeknd. According to Billboard.com, there is many artist that are up for multiple awards. The Weeknd is up for the most awards with being qualified for nineteen in sixteen different categories. Drake and Fetty Wap are both nominated eleven times in ten different categories. Also, Justin Bieber is up for twelve awards in eleven different categories. The Billboard Music Awards is one of the most highly anticipated events of the year that people all over the country are looking forward to.