Coachella Comes to East Coast

Every year Coachella has their annual valley music and arts festival. It has always been located in Indio, California. However, this year they were planning on changing it up, and moving Coachella to the east coast. In 2016, Coachella could be coming to Queens, New York. According to the sources and city officials, “Coachella festival in California and other large-scale events around the country, is looking to rock out under the Unisphere.” This is a big deal for not only New York, but for the east coast entirely. This event would be the biggest in Queens since the 1964 World’s Fair.

Coachella tickets are generally expensive for all three days. This year, they are charging $375. At Coachella, there are always a numerous amount of celebrities that go. Such as, Vanessa Hudgens, Kendall Jenner, etc. Everyone dresses in a hippie type fashion because it’s a valley music and arts festival. The only four line up predictions thought of for this year are, Paul McCartney, Radiohead, Beyoncé and Jay-Z, and Mumford & Sons. These four artists range in a variety of genres. Mumford & Sons is a rock band, while Beyoncé and Jay-Z are more R&B and rap. If Coachella actually comes to the east coast of America, then Coachella would gain tons of success in their business and in ratings.