The 67th Annual Emmy Awards Recap

67th annual Emmy Awards took place on Sunday, September 20 was the. Every year, the Emmys take place in downtown Los Angeles. This year’s host was actor and comedian Andy Samberg. It was a record setting night for many television shows. Some awards include, Outstanding Lead Actor in a limited series or a movie, Outstanding Lead Actress in a limited series or a movie, Outstanding Lead Actor in a comedy series and Outstanding Lead Actor in a drama series. The nominations for the Outstanding Lead Actor in a limited series was Timothy Hutton, Adrien Brody, Richard Jenkins, Mark Rylance, David Oyelowo, and Ricky Gervais. The Emmy winner of that category was Richard Jenkins as Henry Kitteridge of the TV series Olive Kitteridge. As for the women, the nominations for the Outstanding Lead Actress in a limited series or movie where, Felicity Huffman, Queen Latifah, Emma Thompson, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Frances McDormand, and Jessica Lange. The Emmy of that category went to Frances McDormand as Olive Kitteridge in the TV series Olive Kitteridge. This American TV show alone was nominated 13 times, and won eight Emmys for Outstanding Writing for a limited series, Outstanding Casting for a limited series, Outstanding Supporting Actor in a limited series and Outstanding Single-camera Picture Editing.

Emmys 2015 was a memorable year for the American Drama Series, Game of Thrones. Game of Thrones set a new record by winning 12 awards that evening. How to Get Away with Murder, Viola Davis was the first African American woman to win Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series. She spoke out and said, “In my mind, I see a line. And over that line, I see green fields and lovely flowers and beautiful white women with their arms stretched out to me, over that line. But I can’t seem to get there no how. I can’t seem to get over that line.’ That was Harriet Tubman in the 1800s. And let me tell you something: The only thing that separates women of color from anyone else is opportunity.”

The Emmys is one of the most high-fashioned events of the year. Every fall, breathtaking dresses are worn by many different artists. This year best dressed included, Scandal’s, Kerry Washington, Modern Family’s, Sarah Hyland, and the ladies of Mad Men. This year’s Emmy Awards was memorable, thanks to the gathering of Hollywood’s most outstanding actors, actresses, and directors.