Fortnite returns for a new season

Fortnites+new+season+hosts+44+million+players+in+the+first+week+
JP Walsh
Fortnite’s new season hosts 44 million players in the first week

Fortnite has been taking the world by storm the past couple of weeks, with reports from B/R Gaming, Fortnite has brought back 44 million players in the week of November 3rd in the new season, Chapter 7. Fortnite has been a popular game for a while now, but it has received recent attention with Fortnite’s new season coming out– Fortnite OG. By reintroducing original map icons like Titled Towers and Dusty Divot, brings back memories for players from their original seasons.

Not only that, bringing back original weapons like scars and pump shotguns and vehicles like Quadcrashers and golf carts makes the players feel like they are playing from their childhood. Fortnite will continue to bring back original icons from the game’s past as it moves through the season; the map will change to different seasons from Chapter 1 seasons 5-10. Matt Mariani ‘24 is a fan of season 7, saying, “[he] feels like it has really helped the game bring the hype from 2018 and re-energize the community.” While Fortnite’s seasons usually last around 3 months this season is only 4 weeks. It also has a short battle pass of 50 unlockables when it is typically 100. The new update offers mashups of the original skins like the Red Night and Omega in the battle pass in addition to new mashup skins in the item shop. The decision to bring back the old map and the new skins has shown a positive impact on Fortnite and its community

Fortnite isn’t keeping this season for a while so players need to play as much as they can before the season ends. Students at BHS have been loving this new season. Ari Rosen ‘25 says “I love getting back on with the boys, nothing better than staying up till 4 a.m”. Fortnite has found new success in their community, bringing back OG players to the game to relive their memories from years ago.