BHS Spirit Week inspires school spirit

Students of all grades compete in music chairs
Jackie Silberman

The first week of October brought Spirit Week to BHS. From October 2nd to October 6th BHS students and staff dressed in all sorts of attire ranging from cowboy hats to BHS spirit wear.

On the first day of spirit week (October 2nd) students and teachers came to school dressed comfortably in their pajamas. Pajama day sparked a fun and amusing day at school for the student body.

On the second day students arrived at school dressed head to toe in red white and blue to honor USA day. Bridgett McGee ‘25 shared that “it was easy for [her] to pick out [her] outfit because [her] favorite colors are red white and blue.”

On the third day many students came to school in cowboy hats and cowboy boots to show off their school spirit for “western Wednesday. Mr. Chang, who is a biology teacher here at BHS, stated, “we really put the W in Western!” This quote emphasized how fun western Wednesday was for the student body.

On the fourth day BHS introduced the brand new theme of Barbie day, where kids dressed up in bright and fun colors. Teachers such as Mrs.Huenkele, and Mrs.Snider came to school in shirts then said “My job is Teach.” which is a reference to the Barbie movie that came out in July of this year. Barbie day was definitely a fan favorite considering how Barbie was a massive success. Milena Perisic ‘27 said “I liked Barbie and Ken’s day because I loved to see everyone dressed up in vibrant and fun colors.”

The theme for the last day of spirit week was BHS spirit wear day. On this day students and staff were dressed in Bernards High School gear and attire. The Bernards merch was fitting for the pep rally that was held on Friday in the lower gym. During the pep rally many kids had their Bernards attire on to show appreciation for spirit week. It’s safe to say that spirit week was a huge success and a fun event that we had here at Bernards high school. Students are hoping for more spirit weeks in years to come.