Catching spring break flights

Payton Zaun ‘25
Plane view from Payton Zaun’s flight to California for spring break

As spring break is fast approaching, many students are finalizing their plans for their long awaited week off. Spring break this year falls on the first week of April, and while many are using this time to get away, many students are staying home to relax, and others are staying home because of sports.

Now as COVID restrictions have been dropped compared to spring breaks in previous years, many students are taking advantage of their time off. Summer Schnabolk ‘23 said, “over spring break I am going with my family to Punta Cana. I am very excited because we haven’t gone since pre-covid.” Students are taking this week off to travel with their families. Jane Stauffer 26’ shared, “I am going to Florida for spring break with some friends and family. I’m looking forward to enjoying the warm weather.” Many students are getting away to spend their spring break with family and friends.

Students participating in spring sports are staying home for this week off. Kendall Schmerler 25’ said, “I’m staying home for spring break because I’m playing lacrosse, and I’m really excited to spend that time with my teammates.” While these athletes are not able to go away for break, students are excited to spend this time with their teammates. With practice and games nearly everyday, these students will be spending most of their break playing their sport. Emma Incarnato ‘25 said, “I’m staying home for spring break because of gymnastics and track.” Student athletes will be spending spring break attending their practices and games.

While many are traveling, a lot of students are staying home to relax and catch up on sleep over spring break. It gives students a much needed break from school. Although many students are keeping busy over break, having ten days off means they will be able to unwind after a long few weeks of school.

With Easter falling on April 9th, students are visiting family and friends for the holiday. Alexa Paterno 25’ said “I’m going down to the shore to visit my grandparents for Easter and I’m excited to see my cousins.” This holiday is allowing students to go visit family that they don’t see as often. Many families are getting together for the holiday over this break. Students will get to spend this time with family and friends, and have the opportunity to see their family.

Over this break, students are spending their time traveling, playing sports, staying home, relaxing, and many are visiting family and friends. No matter how they spend their break, students will take advantage of this time away from school.