Gun Control

Should the government take more control when it comes to the right to bare arms?

When will America decide that enough is enough? How many more innocent people have to die before congress will decide that the second amendment is completely outdated? That our founding fathers can no longer relate to the America we live in. Since the columbine shooting in 99’ there have been 142 school shootings. In the past 18 months there have been 1,188 mass shootings alone most of them by people who own guns legally. Guns is the fourth leading cause of death in america and by limiting the usage of guns the amount of deaths from guns drops. America must realize the dangers that come with these weapons. There are no sane reasons why one should own a gun. Guns were made for death and by having citizens own guns we create an unsafe world. The second amendment which states, “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.” we no longer live in a society where there is a militia, were carrying a gun is a good form of protection. It is 2017 our world is nothing like it was in 1789 when this amendment was created. The creators of the constitution obviously could not predict that we would live in a world where gun violence happens daily but we can. This is America’s reality. It has become an obligation to limit gun violence and the government must take control. By creating stricter gun laws and limiting who gets to own a gun we become a step closer to making this country great again. It must become an obligation to limit who these weapons fall in the hands of.