HSA distributes free donuts for underclassmen as end-of-year treat

Photo courtesy of Bailey Olson
HSA parents preparing to hand out donuts to underclassmen

As the 2021-22 school year comes to a close, students are overwhelmed with final exams, end-of-year projects, and tying up loose ends in their academics. Although summer is in reach, the end of the school year is never easy.

To ease this stress, and make the last weeks of school more bearable, the HSA decided to provide a fun treat to underclassmen. On June 7th, 8th, and 9th, the HSA invited students to exit the lunch room to receive their treat.

The HSA provided each student with a free donut. These donuts were supplied by Dunkin Donuts, and included a wide variety of flavors. Additionally, ice pops were handed out.

This small event proved to be a crowd pleaser as every grade rushed to get their favorite donut and ice pop flavor on their designated day.

Sophomore Ava Highland states that the “donuts were the highlight of her day, and were a nice treat to break up the end-of-year stress.” Additionally, sophomore Gianna Galesi states, “she looked forward to the donuts all week.”
Last year, the HSA sponsored a similar event in which freshmen received ice-cream, sophomores received cookies, and juniors received snow cones. Thus, students looked forward to the free sweets again this year. Hopefully, end-of-year treats will become a fun tradition for BHS.

Free treats are a great way to add a little happiness to the end of the school year, and provide relief in the midst of an overwhelming time for high schoolers. On behalf of BHS students, we thank the HSA for hosting a fun event that all students enjoyed!