Bernardsville hosts second annual holiday lights competition

Following a successful competition last year, the Bernardsville Chamber of Commerce is hosting the second annual holiday lights contest.

Throughout the month of December, Bernardsville residents have nominated themselves or another house or business for this competition. Pictures of festive, decorated locations have been emailed to [email protected] and posted on Instagram with the hashtag #BvilleHolidayLights.

These locations have been nominated for one of three categories: most colorful, holiday traditional, and funniest. Throughout this week, December 16-22, the Holly Jolly Judges will be visiting these locations to vote for the winner. The judges will abide by a few criteria points including creativity, wow factor, and more.

A map has been created to view the nominated locations. The public can visit downtownbernardsville.org to view this map. Green, Christmas tree icons mark the locations of nominated residences and red icons represent businesses with decorated windows and lighted displays. Simply click on one of the icons and the address will appear on Google Maps.

The Bernardsville Chamber of Commerce encourages people to visit these locations to support the residents’ and business’ hard work and holiday spirit! Additionally, a people’s choice award will reflect Bernardsville residents’ favorite houses.
The winner for each category will be announced on December 23. They will receive a cool trophy and bragging rights for all of 2022.

Ultimately, Bernardsville aims to make this town “shine bright this year” through this festive competition.