Macy’s Day Parade just days away

Full of floats, balloons, performers, and a variety of entertainment, the iconic Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade will take the streets of New York for their 95th anniversary. 

Due to the pandemic, the parade was modified last year with no spectators and limited entertainment. Although viewers were able to tune in virtually, it wasn’t quite the same. 

The parade will resume its two-and-a-half-mile route this year. Spectators can look forward to Broadway performances by the casts of Six, Moulin Rouge! and Wicked along with a performance from the Radio City Rockettes. The parade will feature 28 floats including the Disney Cruise Ship, the Colossal Wave of Wonder, and many more. 

Additionally, 15 giant helium balloons will be flown in the parade including the new Grogu from “The Mandalorian” and the updated version of Ronald Mcdonald. The beloved Astronaut Snoopy, the Pillsbury Doughboy, and Spongebob Squarepants, along with other balloons, will also be making a return.

Clowns, jugglers, and dance-groups will perform throughout the parade along with 10 marching bands. 

The parade will also feature numerous singers from a variety of genres ranging everywhere from Pop to Rock to Country. Carrie Underwood, Andy Grammer, Jordan Fisher, and Chris Lane are just a few of the performers who will take part in this celebration. 

To watch the parade, spectators will line the avenues of Manhattan or tune in from the comforts of their own home. NBC will be broadcasting the parade from 9 am to 12 pm.

The executive producer of Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, Will Coss, told Business Wire, “Macy’s has created a spectacle to remember featuring a dazzling array of high-flying balloons, animated floats and incredible performers. We can’t wait to help New York City and the nation kick-off the holiday season with the return of this cherished tradition.”

As with the last 94 parades, it’s a celebration you won’t want to miss.