New Ristorante MV to Open in Bernardsville

In and around the Bernardsville Center, residents have seen businesses come and go, especially as of late. Construction in the previous Rudolph’s Steakhouse building has raised questions about the future of that spot. While Rudolph’s Tavern (in the upper building) is staying put, an authentic, multi-generational Italian restaurant is coming into the lower building. Ristorante MV, a Brooklyn based restaurant, is owned by Michael Vitiello. 

Vitiello has grown up in the restaurant business. He worked with his father and uncle in their family business in Brooklyn, and had plans of opening up an operation of his own. Vitiello says the pandemic “expedited the process,” of creating a new restaurant, and an engagement to his fiancé also brought him to the area. He started planning in November and was eager to get to work. When asked why he chose the Bernardsville area, he says he had a “great feeling about this location, the owner, and everything.”

Ristorante MV is a “scratch kitchen”, which Vitiello defines as “products going from butchered to in the dish”. He takes pride in the pure freshness of their product, and that quality is a business staple. According to Vitiello, they “still butcher [their] veal legs [themselves], and… bake all of [their] breads in house with seven different breads in [their] bread baskets.” In addition to well prepared food, Ristorante MV has a well prepared staff. By bringing over three-fourths of their crew from Brooklyn, they are already ahead of the game in their chemistry, professionalism, and organization as they step into their new establishment.

Ristorante MV is opening their doors on 1 Mill Street within the week. Vitiello suggests their clams oreganata, and their veal. Vitiello and Ristorante MV are “proud of [their] history and [their] legacy” and are looking forward to sharing it with others.