New Movies

Noah Gagnon
New Movies

With another fall comes another exciting slate of new movies sweeping cinemas. With an intriguing lineup of comedies, dramas, superhero movies, and more, the fall should bring much joy to movie lovers.

In the superhero realm, the DC film, Joker, is perhaps the genre’s most highly anticipated release of the season. Starring Joaquin Phoenix as The Joker, as well as supporting actress Zazie Beetz, and even a Robert de Niro appearance, The Joker details how being a failed standup comedian drives character Arthur Fleck into becoming the infamous villain known as The Joker. With such a rich plot and star studded cast, fans of the flick are hopeful for an Oscar nomination, and eager to watch the movie when it is released on October 4.

“I’ve always been a huge fan of the joker so I’m pumped to see a new movie about him!” Said Senior Erik Dunne.

Another upcoming release that has movie fans buzzing is the Netflix production The Irishman, which is scheduled to be released on November 27. The film features the long-awaited reunion of legendary actors Robert de Niro, Al Pacino, and Joe Peschi, as well as highly-touted director Martin Scorsese. Those four men who created Blockbuster films such as Goodfellas and Raging Bull, are hopeful that The Irishmen will be yet another legendary flick to add to their resume.

The Irishman follows famous mobster Frank Sheeran (Robert de Niro) who claims to have killed Labor Leader Jimmy Hoffa (Al Pacino), and provides an inside look on the Bufalino crime family.

“I love when Netflix releases their own movies because they’re so convenient and easy to watch. I’ll definitely be watching The Irishman” Said Senior Nate Scalia

Those looking for inspiration in this seasons movies should look no further than the Focus Features production, Harriet. Coming out November 1, Harriet chronicles the story of Harriet Tubmans life, from her childhood, to escaping slavery and developing the underground railroad system. Director Kasi Lemmons and star Cynthia Ervio are hopeful that their portrayal of Tubman’s life and story will be enough to take home an Oscar come awards season.

“I’ve always been inspired by Harriet Tubman, so I’m excited to watch a movie about her,” said Senior Mackenzie Brown.

For movie lovers, this fall should certainly be an exciting one, with highly anticipated films being released in all genres. With films being released on a variety of platforms, including Netflix, Amazon Prime, and traditional movie theatres, today’s blockbusters are more accessible than ever, and have many movie buffs buzzing about the fall lineup.