Fall brings fun activities

Wightman+Farms+has++fall+activities+for+everyone+to+enjoy+
Neve Meiner
Wightman Farms has fall activities for everyone to enjoy

The crunchy leaves and crisp air only mean one thing– the middle of fall and the Halloween season has begun and the urge to get involved in autumn-themed activities intensifies. Activities in New Jersey range from apple picking at local farms to spooky haunted houses. Throughout the state, there are a variety of opportunities for engaging things to do.

Wightman Farms in Morristown, New Jersey provides fall foods, hay rides, and pumpkins waiting to be purchased. For over 100 years Wightman Farms has been in business. They started as a small fruit and vegetable stand, but over the years they have flourished into a popular and bustling spot to get all fresh produce and for fun memories along the way. Apple picking is an iconic part of the farm. They have a ton of different types of apples, like Golden Delicious, Red Delicious, Stayman Winesap, Nova Spy, Keepsake, and Ida Red along with many other fan favorites. Clare Dauria ‘26, who works at  Wightmans’ said, ”My favorite activity is being outside, weighing the apples, or in the back cutting pies because it is very calm and low stress. Also, working there feels like it’s my second family, everyone is very friendly and welcoming.” Even the employees can have a healthy environment. This is reflected in the service because the workers are always engaging and nice.

Alstedes Farms in Chester, New Jersey has fun activities for all. The whole family is welcome. Parents can warm up with a pumpkin pancake breakfast, while kids can feed the animals, pick fruits and vegetables, go on a hayride, or go through a corn maze. Teens have plenty of options too, so bring friends along and go on a late-night Harvest Moon Hayride!

If you are someone who loves Halloween, 13th Hour Haunted House in Wharton, New Jersey is the place for you. This frightening place includes haunted houses, haunted escape rooms, and haunted hatchets. They have won many awards for guaranteeing their spookiness. The haunted hatchet is where you can throw hatches at custom targets. The room is decorated with skeletons and other scary decorations. The haunted houses may be too spooky for little kids, so the escape rooms would be fun for the whole family. Celine Han ‘26 went to the escape room and said, “It was exciting and scary. My heart was beating out of my chest. I did it with my friend and it was fun to work together and figure out how to escape.” The whole experience allows memories to be made and a place to mingle with the ghouls and goblins.