Taylor Swift begins her “Eras Tour”

Ava Highland
Taylor Swift’s post on Instagram for night one of her tour

On Friday, March 17th, Taylor took to the stage in Glendale, Arizona, for the opening night of “The Eras Tour.” Swift performed for just over three hours with a setlist that included 44 songs.

Each night’s setlist remains the same except for one or two surprise songs. Swift sings each surprise song as its acoustic version and announced that each will most likely only be played once throughout the entirety of her tour.

The concert begins with two opening acts from the list of Swift’s nine special guests: Paramore, beabadoobee, Phoebe Bridgers, girl in red, MUNA, HIAM, GAYLE, Gracie Abrams, and OWENN.

During previous tours, Swift has welcomed several surprise guests to the stage and fans anticipated who these surprise guests would be for “The Eras Tour.” On night four, Swift welcomed her first guest in Las Vegas, Nevada. Swift was joined on stage by Marcus Mumford to sing one of that night’s surprise songs, “Cowboy Like Me.”

After releasing her self-titled debut album in 2006, Swift has since released 10 studio albums. While on stage, Swift takes fans through these different eras beginning with her 7th studio album, “Lover.”

Immediately following the announcement of her tour in November, 2022, fans began planning their outfits for the concert. So far, fan’s outfits have ranged from recreations of Swift’s own outfits to ones representing lyrics from several of her songs.

Fans also put together a project inspired by the song “You’re On Your Own Kid” from Swift’s most recent album “Midnights.” Those attending any of her shows have created friendship bracelets inspired by Swift’s songs to trade with other fans as a way to share their love of all things Taylor Swift with others at the concert.

Swift did not shy away from her typical tour performance that includes costume changes, incredible sets, and several dancers on stage. Each setlist for the different albums includes at least one new outfit, as well as elaborate on-stage sets.

With 20 cities, 52 shows, and four nights already underway, Swift has left fans both speechless and excited for all that is to come.