Seniors take to the runway for Senior Fashion Show

Stefanie Lesnik
Group of Senior Models taking a selfie during Casual Wear

On Saturday, April 15th 2023, Project Graduation held the annual Senior Fashion show for the Class of 2023. The show was held in the cafeteria at Bernards High School from 7:45 pm to 10pm with 50/50 raffles, food, refreshments and a DJ. The theme of the Fashion Show was “Bernards Blooms”, like a flower, the seniors are “blooming” into adulthood, taking the next steps after high school.

The hosts of the show this year were Seniors Scarlett Campbell and Markus Dickson. Scarlet says that “hosting the fashion show was a really great experience and I am really happy I chose to do it. Getting all dressed up was super fun and I loved having the opportunity to see everyone walk down the runway. Everyone looked amazing and it was so funny!”

Apart from the clothes being shown on the runway, the beautiful hair and makeup was done by J. Walker Salon and Spa, helping all the girl models look picture perfect for the runway. 

The first part of the show consisted of the casual wear portion. Many local shops and boutiques including, Athletic Freak, Banana Republic, Bargain Box Thrift Store, Calia Boutique, Dicks Sporting Goods, Eastern Mountain Goods, Erby’s Elite Boutique, Free People, Hans Clothier, Olcott Squared, Paradise, Pretty Pink Rooster, Rebbecca Collection, and Urban Cottage helped make this possible for the senior models.

Senior Maggie Dolan who was the first model to take the stage in the casual portion said “I was very excited to start the fashion show this year. I was a little nervous but knew I had to bring the energy”.

The second and final portion of the show was formal wear. Senior Girls dressed in their junior prom dresses or formal dresses while the boys wore tuxedos which were donated by Joseph D’Apolito & Son and Tuxton Formal Wear. 

Senior model Patty Cabrera said “I had a lot of fun walking in the formal portion of the fashion show because me and my boyfriend Gabe were able to have so much fun walking down the runway together!”

The show was a hit with both the students and parents which was all thanks to the parent volunteers and project graduation for putting this amazing show together to make it a memorable night for all 93 senior models.