Donald Trump faces allegations of financial bribery with adult film actress, Stormy Daniels

Creative Commons
Former United States President Donald Trump faces allegations of using campaign finances as hush-money for his mistress, Stormy Daniels.

Recent allegations could result in the sentencing of former United States President Donald Trump to face jail time. Prosecutors on a Manhattan grand jury announced that while these events are not definite, it is likely that Trump will encounter sentencing. While there are several indefinite factors, such as the indictment and the timeline of it all, the investigation is centered around Trump’s involvement in a financial bribery with adult film actress Stormy Daniels.
The situation took place at Lake Tahoe, where Daniels was invited to one of Trump’s golfing charities. According to Daniels’ close friend, Alana Evans, Trump had hand picked and invited Daniels to the party, which she had encouraged Evans to attend as well.
Evans revealed in an interview with Rolling Stone that “[she] was nervous about what could happen. Too many movies taught [her] that sometimes bad things happen to girls like [her] when [they] get involved with men like Donald Trump.”
Later, Evans received a call with a familiar Apprentice voice, begging Evans to join them in the isolation of his hotel room. Evans declined the persistent invitation and claims that she and Stormy never spoke about the situation again until Trump became president in 2017 and now in 2023 as the information has leaked to news outlets and social media platforms.
As the affair leaks to the public, Trump’s lawyers are threatening that she will have to pay $1 million every time she contradicts their agreement to remain silent.
According to New York Penal Law 175.05, falsifying business records in the second degree is typically a misdemeanor which can be punishable up to one year in jail. The $130,000 that Trump gave to Daniels was recorded as legal expenses when in reality it was a form of hush money. However, Trump can not be charged for an action as a misdemeanor if it was over seven years ago- it then becomes a felony.
This means the prosecutors would have to piggyback the crime of the fake business records onto the instance of another crime. In this case, people suspect that the money came from some type of campaign money which is what would create huge problems for Trump.
Whether or not the former president is guilty of using money from his 2016 campaign to keep his mistress, Stormy Daniels, quiet about their affair, the Manhattan trial will most likely be a lengthy one. If it comes down to Trump being labeled as guilty, he will face felony charges and will be sentenced to jail time.