New upscale pizzeria soon to be implemented in the Bernardsville train station

Creative Commons
The Bernardsville train station where the new pizzeria will be located

Contributing to the charm of downtown Bernardsville is the historic train station. Opened in 1872, this attraction has been a consistent treasure to Bernardsville.

To take advantage of this treasure, and bring this historic location back to life, an upscale pizzeria and cocktail bar is soon to be implemented in the station. The owner of Ristorante MV, Michael Vitiello, plans to open this restaurant.

In the past year, Vitiello has had immense success with Bernardsville hotspot, Ristorante MV. Since its opening in 2021, this restaurant has had ample fully booked nights, and visits from celebrities such as Teresa Giudice and Eli Manning. Evidently, Vitiello is experienced in the restaurant industry. Also contributing to his experience is the Vitiello family-owned Queen Marie Italian Restaurant in Brooklyn, New York. This beloved restaurant has operated successfully for over fifty years.

Newjerseyhills.com reports that the cost of renovations to the train station “is estimated at $650,000.” Although costly, NJBiz declares that the borough council responsible for leasing this property to Vitiello believes that the implementation of this restaurant will “contribute to the redevelopment of the downtown.”

The new pizzeria will replace a deli that previously occupied the station, and has been recently evicted. Vitiello plans to name the restaurant Pizzeria Tâton, and he aspires to sell Neopolitan pizza. This type of pizza is characterized by a thin crust at the base of the pie and a fluffy, airy crust around the sides. Vitiello emphasizes that this delicious pizza will be made using an authentic clay oven. Along with pizza, he also aims to incorporate a cocktail lounge.

Opening in the spring of 2023, this pizzeria is surely something to look forward to. Eaters will receive the best of both worlds: dinner in a charming, historic location and a front-row seat to trains coming in and leaving the station.