Taylor Swift announces her first tour since 2018

Creative Commons
Singer-songwriter Taylor Swift performs at her Reputation stadium tour in 2018

On the morning of November 1st, 2022, Taylor Swift announced “The Eras Tour,” which will kick off this spring and will feature songs from all of Swift’s albums. Swift will perform in stadiums across the United States, including MetLife Stadium on May 26th, May 27th and May 28th, as well as more international dates to soon be announced.

She revealed the tour with a prerecorded video that aired on Good Morning America on the morning of November 1st. Swift made a second announcement, including the tour dates and locations, on her Instagram.

“I’m enchanted to announce my next tour: Taylor Swift l The Era’s tour, a journey through the musical eras of my career (past and present)…I can’t WAIT to see your gorgeous faces out there. It’s been a long time coming,” Swift wrote in an Instagram post announcing the tour.

Throughout the tour, Swift will perform alongside many talented artists, including Paramore, Beabadoobee, Phoebe Bridgers, Girl in Red, Muna, Haim, Gayle, Gracie Abrams and Owenn.

“Feeling like the luckiest person alive,” Swift wrote, “because I get to take these brilliant artists on tour with me.”

Tickets did not go on sale to the public until November 18th. However, fans could register for presale on ticketmaster. If selected, fans were sent a code that can be used to buy tickets at 10:00 A.M Eastern Standard Time on November 15th. In addition, Capital One cardholders were given the ability to buy tickets on November 15th at 2:00 P.M, Easern Standard Time. Eager fans, including many Bernards High School students, hoped to get tickets one way or another.

“I would sell my lungs for these tickets,” says Sophomore, Caelyn Casey, “I am really hoping to get tickets for either Friday or Saturday at Metlife.”

Including songs from all of her albums, “The Eras Tour” is a tribute to Swift’s career. The artist released her debut album, titled “Taylor Swift,” in October 2006 at only sixteen years old. Two years later, Swift released “Fearless,” her second studio album. In 2010, she released another album, titled “Speak Now.” In 2012, she released another album, “Red.” Her fifth studio album, “1989,” was released four years later in 2010. Breaking the two year pattern, Swift released “Reputation in 2017.” Then in 2019, she released “Lover.” Just a year later, she released both “Folklore and Evermore.”

Her most recent album, “Midnights,” dropped on October 21st, 2022. Throughout her career Swift has won countless awards and broken over thirty world records. She has explored many genres of music, including Country and Pop. Swift’s success as a female music artist is inspiring and her music is redefining the music industry.

This will be Swift’s first tour since her “Reputation” Tour in 2018. The “Reputation” tour received 2.88 million attendees and grossed $345.7 million in revenue. “The Era’s Tour” is expected to be even bigger. Swift already had to add more dates due to high demand for tickets.

Whether it be at Metlife Stadium or all the way in Los Angeles California, fans can expect a fantastic performance from Swift, as well as whatever artist is performing along with her.