Damien Leone’s Terrifier 2 hits theaters

Gianna Galesi
sequel of Damien Leone’s Terrifier, Terrifier 2, trailer found on Youtube

“Terrifier” is a horror film that came out in 2016, produced by Damion Leone and starring David Howard Thornton, Jenna Kanell, Samantha Scaffidi, Catherine Corcoran, Matt McAllister, and Michael Leavy. The film is about a clown who tries to hunt down three young women on Halloween night. Now, 6 years later, the clown returns in the sequel, “Terrifier 2.”

In “Terrifier 2,” which was released on October 6th, the clown now wants to hunt and terrorize a different teenage girl and her younger brother on Halloween night. It takes place in the same town as it did in the first film with the cast remaining mostly the same. “Terrifier 2” is also directed by Damion Leone.

So far, “Terrifier 2” has been an absolute hit. It grossed over 1.8 million dollars the first two weekends at the domestic box office. It is said to be very horrifying and scary. Some moviegoers have been seen walking out of the theater, vomiting, and fainting because of the film’s scariness. Some of the scenes that had planned were too gruesome even for Leone, who decided to cut them from the movie altogether. One of these scenes would have been the last one. If the director of a horror movie gets scared of his own scene, who can even imagine how moviegoers and other viewers would react to such scary and gruesome scenes.

There has even been a specific scary scene that actually made it into the movie that people have been very critical of. This scene is called “The Bedroom Scene”. There have been numerous articles and other pieces of writing that have said that this scene had gone too far.

Besides all the gruesome scenes and scary stories within the movie, there are other things such as how big of a hit it is that people are ranting about. It has been such a success that it has been submitted to the Oscars for consideration of winning an award. It has not yet been a month since the release of the film and it already has 7.73 million dollars in ticket sales. These sales are from 886 different cinemas around the world. This is significant considering “Terrifier 2” does not have any famous movie stars and it has barely had any promotion. The film has been available digitally since Halloween (October 31st).

“Terrifier 2” has been proven by the stats of ticket sales to be a very great movie. Not only is it a good movie for viewers and moviegoers but also for directors and the makers of the movie. This film helped viewers by giving them entertainment and it has also been an economical model for other horror movie directors and other moviemakers and writers in general. Now seeing that horror films are an interest for the general public, there is likely to be an increase of horror movies because they are doing so well. “Terrifier 2” has shown that horror movies can be a huge success and bring in a lot of profit, especially around the time of Halloween.