The Winter Sports seasons are about to start

Ari Rosen
Guard Will Frank during a game last season against North Plainfield

After falling short in coach Jaren Sena’s first year, the boys basketball team looks to bounce back for this upcoming season. The basketball team graduated a lot of seniors last year including big time role players like Vincent White and Ryan Schuh. The team will look a lot different this year but they are hoping to have a strong season. Some of the returning players including Will Frank, Connor Laverty and Julian Martianez are all looking forward to making a tremendous impact on and off the court. Senior Taejin Beckerman feels, …very excited for [the]upcoming basketball season. We have a lot of talent this year and a lot of potential to win a lot of games and hopefully move on to win some County and state games”. 

After not having the results they wanted last year, the girls look to come back this year stronger. Graduating only one senior last season , Emily Romano, the team is going to look very similar this year. They are going to look for big time contributions from players like Junior ChristinaWhite, and Senior Noelle Infusino as well as key underclassmen including returning varsity starter Alexa Paterno. Senior Maggie Dollan had this to say about the upcoming season, “We are moving into a different division this year so hopefully the season will be more successful than last year” 

Coming off a strong season last year, the wrestling team looks to continue its winning into the new season. Losing key seniors like Tyler Austin and Sean Hunnewell is not easy. Terence Hannraty is looking for a big first wrestling season here at Bernards. Juniors like David Brothers and Jake Caldwell will look to make a big impact as well. Junior Charlie Hunnewell on his thoughts about the upcoming season,“It’s a love hate relationship but I am excited for it”. Charlie Hunnewells relationship with wrestling is like most, it’s difficult to maintain weight and put in the work, but at the end of the day it is very rewarding. 

Bernards Fencing is looking to repeat its success from last year. Returning key players like Adi Raj and Henry Depew. Bernards is looking for another successful fencing season. 

Bernards winter track is ready for an exciting season. Runners like senior Tyler Stevens, Carson Crain and Pat Griffin, looking to make their mark on the season. 

After an amazing season came to an end last year in the first round of states, Bernards hockey is looking for revenge. Returning key players like Tanner Clemson and stud goalie Baylin Shankman, they are set up for success. Coach Dr. Spautz shared his thoughts on the upcoming season, “Really looking forward to this year, we are returning quality role players, We are making a leap into a new division, we are excited for the new competition and hoping to make a deep run into the state playoffs.”   

Bernards Swimming brings in a new staff Including new head coach Coach Voight, looking to continue to bring a winning tradition to Bernards Swimming. Ski team is also looking to make a mark on winter sports this year.