Aaron Judge breaks home run record with 62

Matt Mariani
Yankees’ Aaron Judge hitting record 62nd Home Run against the Rangers

61 years later, on October 4th, 2022, Aaron Judge passed Roger Maris’ single-season record by hitting 62 home runs. Judge hit his record-breaking home run into left field, specifically to Cory Youmans in section 31, row 1, seat 3. His record breaking home run was hit at the Globe Light Field in Arlington, Texas while playing against the Texas Rangers. 

Aaron Judge played division 1 baseball at Fresno State. In 2013, he was the 32nd pick in the first round in the MLB draft, where he joined the Yankees, and has remained with them. In 2017, he was the rookie of the year, and broke Mark Mcguires record by hitting 52 home runs. He broke Joe Dimaggio’s full rookie season record of 29 home runs, and Judge also passed Babe Ruth’s record of 60 home runs this past September. Maris’ single season record of 61 home runs hasn’t been beaten since 1961. 

It all went down in the first inning when Judge received a pitch from Jesus Tinoco and it flew into the air. After Judge’s home run, he received a standing ovation from the entire crowd of 38,832 fans. His teammates ran out of the dugout to home base and congratulated Judge for his amazing accomplishment. Judge shared  “I had a good feeling off the bat,” and “I just didn’t know where it was going to land or where it was going to hit.” There was a good sense of relief once I saw it in that fan’s glove.” Judge has 4 games left against Cleveland in the playoffs. Fans hope that we will continue to improve his home run record as this season progresses.