Ed Sheeran announces his Mathematics tour

Photo courtesy of Creative Commons
Singer-songwriter Ed Sheeran takes the stage in Manila, capital of the Philippines

On October 3rd, 2022, singer and songwriter, Ed Sheeran, released a minute long video skit announcing his 2023 North American Tour. The video opens with Sheeran sitting in math class as the teacher explains addition, subtraction, equality, division, and multiplication. As she writes each symbol on the chalkboard a song from Sheeran’s corresponding album plays.

For context, the star released an album called “+” in 2011, “x” in 2014, “÷” in 2017, and “=” in 2021. Fans expect the release of an additional album, “-,” sometime this year. The video closes with the words “Ed Sheeran ‘+-=÷x’ Live Across North America” written across a black screen.

“+-=÷x,” nicknamed “Mathematics Tour,” will be Sheeran’s first tour since the “÷” tour, which began March 16th, 2017 and ran untill August 26th, 2019.

The tour, in North America alone, will run from May 6th, 2023 to September 23rd, 2023. Sheeran will perform twenty-two shows in stadiums across North America, including MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey. In total, Sheeran will perform 76 shows across the world as a part of his Mathematics tour. Sheeran has already begun his tour in Dublin, Ireland. It officially started on April 23rd, 2022.

“I’m super excited to bring this tour, it’s an insane looking tour,” says Sheeran, “We basically planned it from the end of the ‘÷’ tour.” Sheeran tells fans to expect “all the bells and whistles” from his upcoming tour.

The setlist has not yet been confirmed and will likely vary at each location. However, the show will feature songs from Sheeran’s albums, “+,” ”x,” “÷,” and “=,” as well as songs from his expected new album, “-.” It will be a mix of familiar fan favorites and some of the star’s more recent releases.

Singer and songwriter, Masie Peters, will be joining Sheeran for five dates from August 26th to September 23rd. Other guests include American singer, Khalid; rapper, Russ; singer and songwriter, Rosa Lin; and musician.

Tickets for the “+-=÷x (Mathematics)” tour are on sale now. Prices vary depending on location and seats.

North American fans have high hopes for Sheeran’s upcoming tour and hope that the star is able to deliver.