Internet star Trisha Paytas has her first child

Ava Highland
Trisha Paytas’ Instagram announcement about her daughter, Malibu Barbie’s birth.

Controversial internet star Trisha Paytas has recently given birth to her first daughter, Malibu Barbie Paytas Hacmon. Since Trisha revealed her pregnancy, many rumors have circulated in the online space regarding Malibu, the most widespread being the false report that Paytas named her daughter Elizabeth after the late Queen Elizabeth II.

In a tweet by Film Updates it was reported that “Trisha Paytas gave birth to a girl 3 minutes after Queen Elizabeth II passed away.” This tweet sparked rumors across the internet in which fans believed the baby was the Queen reincarnated and Trisha had named the baby Elizabeth. However, these rumors were quickly dismissed after Paytas posted a TikTok squashing these false accusations.

Trisha also announced in her tiktok that she was “still very much pregnant” and was confused on how the rumor even started. While expressing her condolences to the royal family Paytas said she felt it was “poor taste” and had been trying to “stay out of drama” given her pregnancy. This rumor reportedly got so out of hand that close friends and family reached out to Trisha to offer their congratulations and had been let down when informed that it was just another rumor fabricated by the internet. Paytas claimed “it felt like the ultimate disappointment.” For someone outside of social media, the fanatical interest in Trisha Paytas may be confusing.

After being featured on various television shows such as My Strange Addiction and Guinness World Records, people across the country were intrigued by her strange yet fascinating behavior. Trisha was featured on My Strange Addiction for a supposed addiction to tanning and attempted to break the World Record for fastest talker in 2013.

These odd appearances fascinated viewers and encouraged Paytas to create a youtube channel where she could show off her entertaining behavior. However it has not been all sunshine and rainbows for Paytas. She has been canceled numerous times for racial appropriation and mocking different religions. In one video on her youtube channel she sparked controversy by appropriating Asian culture. Fans questioned this problematic behavior but Trisha was quick to refute these claims.

Paytas is also known for switching her religion frequently. At the start of her career she was shown to be a devout christian, but upon meeting her current husband, Moses, she converted to Judaism. While this was not deemed as a huge problem, Trisha quickly converted to another religion, Hare Krishna and then proceeded to convert to another, Paganism. The frequent switching led people to believe that she was not actually practicing the beliefs of these religions, but instead appropriating each one.

These multiple controversies all contributed to Trisha’s fame, and are the primary reason people are so interested in her life. While offensive in many ways, Paytas claims she is turning around her life in order to provide a better future for her daughter. Fans are still weary of Trisha, however many believe this may be true. At the end of the day fans can only wish the best for Trisha, Malibu and their family. Despite her controversial past, she is a human and is working to be better.