Olcott Squared opens in center of Bernardsville

Bernardsville’s downtown has received a new edition to its charming ambiance with the opening of a trendy boutique named, Olcott Squared. Owner, Tara Vitolla, has always been interested in fashion. From “the classics of Coco Chanel to the whimsical Betsey Johnson,” Vitolla loves it all. She declares that “when you’re true to your fashion it has a way to make you feel good!” 

After moving to Bernardsville in 2015, Vitolla set her career in fashion aside to raise her children. Nonetheless, she knew that she would eventually be back in the fashion world. In December of 2015, when driving with her husband through the Bernardsville square, Vitolla declared, “I’ll have a store here one day.” Her husband responded supportively, “what are you going to call it?” Olcott Squared was the answer, and “when the light turned green, it was like the green light for [her] to start planning.” 

In 2018, Olcott Squared opened as an online space- ShopOlcott.com. While this venture still remains, Vitolla decided she needed a space of her own after time spent attending various trunk shows, and sharing a space with another Bernardsville business, B Boutique. Thus, 13 Minebrook Road became the home of this small business. 

Olcott Squared is a trendy, chic, and elegant store all in one, and Vitolla has created an amazing environment to shop in. Fancy lights, fun carpets, and an abundance of clothes for everyone and every type of body make shopping here a great experience. 

Vitolla hand picks all her merchandise alongside brand vendors. One of her original brands includes Commando. This is a shapewear line that creates fashion stables and statement pieces. Vitolla loves that this brand’s “faux leather is always on the money,” but more importantly, she admires this brand as it “flatters all body types.” Every piece of merchandise is chosen with her shoppers in mind.

Vitolla aims to “forecast trends and create visual capsules for each season.” Her store setup and merchandise are constantly being modified to accommodate the ever-changing fashion world. 

In the future, with the help of her number one supporter, her husband, Vitolla hopes to continue to provide “smiles and fashion to all who enter Olcott Squared.”