Campbell Hoyt Foundation spreads love around the Holiday

For seven years, the Campbell Hoyt Foundation has been active in spreading love and unity amongst their community. In honor of the holiday season, they organized a gift and donation drive at the Heartworks center in Bernardsville. 

On Sunday, December 19th, from 8a.m. to 4p.m., volunteers from throughout the community came together to help out their neighbors and support the Hoyt Foundation. People would drop off their own Christmas presents to have the volunteers wrap and prepare for them. This lifted a weight off of people’s shoulders during the holiday season and gave them one less thing to do during such hectic and busy times. Along with the present wrapping, many people gave donations to the foundation. They also donated gifts to be wrapped and sent out to less fortunate families. The gifts ranged from toys for toddlers to new apparel for teens. 

Many of BHS’s fellow students participated in this drive, two of which were juniors Mariana DiBias and Morgan Kanengiser. They volunteered for the entire gift drive and supported the community for all of the eight hours. DiBias and Kanengiser both brought in a handful of their own gifts to be wrapped. 

During her time there, DiBias reflected over what it means to be a part of a community like the Bernardsville community. The holiday season is the time when people come together most and spread joy in any way they can. 

She shares that “It was a great experience that I hope to be a part of again. I loved being a part of something bigger, something great”. Similarly, Kanengiser shares that “being able to help such a strong and great foundation made me realize how important it is to be involved in any way I can be. The experience really showed me how lucky I am to be a part of this community, and how I can use my fortune to help others”. 

Unfortunately, the turnout was not as great as they had assumed it would be. DiBias shares that “It wasn’t as successful as we had expected. Many people stopped by, but not as many as we had hoped. However, we did deeply appreciate the donations and gifts that we were able to receive”. Any and all donations were not taken lightly, and every act of kindness was recognized. 

Regardless, the gift and donation drive was an amazing way to show our community what the season of giving is truly about. It is about selfless and loving acts, it is about showing our friends, family, and neighbors how much we appreciate them. It was a great way to prepare for Christmas.