Top 5 Hannukah Gifts

Celebrating Hanukkah is a precious time for all Jewish people. Hanukkah begins on Sunday November 28, 2021 and ends on Monday, December 6, 2021. On these 8 nights, all Jewish people celebrate their religion and families. They recieve one gift each of these 8 nights. In 2021, the top gifts that are wanted are: money, clothing, jewelry, shoes, or electronics.

Each of these nights the Menorah is lit, after the sun goes down, within the Jewish families. There are 8 presents and one is chosen by the recipient for that night. They eat dinners and continue the following 7 nights.

Shelby Rich explained her Hanukkah experience by saying, “ I like how it is just my mom, dad, and brother that celebrate together rather than Christmas where it is everyone.” She then continued to say, “ I normally ask for clothes, shoes and jewelry, this year I specifically want Ugg slippers as one of my presents.” Because the Hanukkah celebrations are more intimate, the gifts are more meaningful and personal to everyone. Compared to Christmas, Hanukkah has not become so heavily influenced by the mainstream media and advertisements. It has preserved the cultural significance and history throughout decades, and that is prevalent through the gift giving traditions.

In the past, many Jewish people would receive gold coins, a dreidel, or candles as tradition, but this has changed over time. Today, people want more modern presents and items that are in style. However many still use their dreidel and keep it as a reminder of how fun Hanukkah is. The gifts definitely range between male and female. Girls would ask for presents such as jackets and jewelry while boys would ask for sports gear or headphones.

Money, clothing, jewelry, shoes, and electronics are exactly what people are looking for this year for Hanukkah. As Hanukkah approaches people begin to prepare their gifts for everyone celebrating with them.