Peyton and Eli Manning’s Monday Night Football Show

Over the past few NFL seasons, football fans have been looking for something new, exciting, and interesting to better their experience from home. Well, we now have ‘Monday Night Football’ with Peyton and Eli Manning. For at least the next three seasons they will co-broadcast 30 games on ESPN-2 on Monday nights. For now, they hold the broadcast from both of their homes, which gives it a very casual feel, which makes commentating informal and entertaining for everyone.

Peyton and Eli stay away from the typical play-by-play broadcast and focus on bigger plays with more meaning. They also talk about different things they find unique on the field. Whether it be formations, a blitz, or even an interesting cadence the Manning brothers speak on facets of the game that pique their interests.

While watching the Eagles vs Cowboys game, with Eli and Peyton, it feels like you’re sitting with them and watching the game, instead of the normal commentating.

Mike McCartney on the new broadcast, “When the word gets out, will anyone watch the main crew?” (The main crew being the normal booth broadcasters).

Throughout the game, they cracked jokes about Peyton’s large forehead and Eli mimicked Dak Prescott’s warm up. Throughout the broadcast they had guests including Matthew Stafford, Nick Saben, and Chris Long.

Along with those three guests, the most popular star they had on the show was LeBron James. LeBron, a former high school football player, actually had offers to play in college. He was even offered two NFL contracts in 2011 during the NBA lockout, from Jerry Jones of the Cowboys and Pete Carroll of the Seahawks.

Peyton expressed his excitement with LeBrons almost NFL career, saying, “I would’ve thrown so many touchdowns with LeBron… I’m throwing 75 touchdowns.” The sports world would look so different if Peyton and LeBron teamed up.

All in all, this new way of broadcasting seems like it will be a big hit for the next few seasons and I’m excited to see what other sports stars get their own show, similar to “Monday Night Football” with Peyton and Eli Manning.