Chianti: The Opening of the New Pizzeria in Town and the Rave Throughout Bernardsville

Chianti Wood Fired Pizza Italian Cuisine recently opened on 159 Morristown Road, Bernardsville. Some might recognize this address as the former B’ville Pizza & Grill, which was shut down following the tragic car accident within the building. Nearing the two-month mark since opening, critics are raving about the cuisine on Facebook, Twitter, Yelp, and various other sites. 

Chianti is a family-owned restaurant with a second location on Main Street in Chatham. Citizens in Bernardsville and surrounding towns immediately feel welcomed in the very warm and loving atmosphere, not to mention the delicious food. “The space is very endearing and I felt like my presence was appreciated as me and friends dined-in,” says sophomore Sarah Gutjahr.

Ever since the B’ville Pizza & Grill announced their closing, people all across town have been eagerly waiting to see what new addition they were getting. Many were skeptical about the opening of a new restaurant during a pandemic, but it is safe to say that Chianti is doing quite well. “Business is difficult with such little space for people to sit inside, but I am very glad we are even allowed to be open in such circumstances. We do have a lot of take-out and delivery orders to make up for it, however,” says Hema Jr., one of Chianti’s most beloved employees.

Chianti offers take-out, delivery, and dine-ins, staying on-par with the current COVID-19 restrictions. Take-out is their most popular as it is safe, quick, and easy. “We got takeout from there last weekend. It was EXCELLENT” Lee Schwartzberg writes in a comment on Facebook.

Locals on social media strongly encourage those nearby to give Chianti Wood Fired Pizza Italian Cuisine a try- it supports local business and provides a delicious meal!