The many Christmas changes due to COVID-19

In years past, entire families would gather to celebrate Christmas at this time of year. No matter the distance, people would take a plane or drive to see their relatives as it meant coming together as a family. Some people spent their holidays at restaurants, while others gathered together in the comforts of their own homes. However, this year those types of plans might seem a little out of reach. Due to COVID-19, coming together has become a lot more difficult. Some might even look at it as being cruel. Across the country, there are so many changes happening to everyone’s Christmas celebrations this year. Traditions will be broken in order to keep everyone safe. 

This holiday season you’ll be far more likely to find many people spending it alone. Considering The COVID-19 vaccine is only in the early stages of being released, it is still very likely that many people will be quarantined. Despite the distance there are still ways that you can communicate with your family members. 

One way that people are still contacting their loved one’s this year is by using Zoom. This is a great way for the entire family to come together while still keeping a safe distance from each other and keeping everyone away from the risk COVID-19. Although the same feelings from past years may not be present, there is still a sense of connection when using this way to contact. Another thing that has become very popular this holiday season is light shows. These are beautiful arrangements of lights put on display for cars to drive by and admire. While this is not only just a coronavirus safe activity, it is also a great way to enter into the holiday spirit. 2020 has been a crazy year – and a crazy holiday season seems to be the only acceptable way to end it.