Celebrities infected with COVID-19

The Coronavirus or medical term COVID-19 is an infectious disease caused by a new virus. This disease causes respiratory illness(similar to the flu) with symptoms such as a cough, fever, and in severe cases, difficulty breathing. Some ways to protect yourself is washing your hands more often, avoiding touching your face, and social distancing.

Recently, it’s been reported that a few of our favorite celebrities have tested positive for the Coronavirus. Some people we know that have it are Tom Hanks, Rita Wilson, Idris Elba, Sabrina Dhowre, Rudy Gobert, Kevin Durant, and many others. Not even your favorite celebrities are immune to this disease. Sophomore student Maggie Paul shared her feelings on one of her favorite celebrities “Laura Dreyfuss had it! She’s an actress, she’s been on Broadway once. She appeared in Dear Evan Hansen on Broadway and played McAfee Westbrook in The Politician on Netflix. I’m glad that she is recovering.” Most of these celebrities haven’t experienced anything severe that they had to be hospitalized. Country singer and songwriter Joe Diffie, died due to complications from Coronavirus at age 61.

The diagnosis of some of these celebrities has taken a toll on their fans. Prince Charles and British Prime Minister Boris Johnson are among the celebrities who have tested positive for the virus. Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and his wife are remaining in isolation despite recovering from COVID-19. Almost everyone, including celebrities, are following the guidelines to prevent spreading the virus any further. Some celebrities took it to themselves to go on social media and tell their fans to stay in their homes and self quarantine.

Celebrities are donating to hospitals to help with the pandemic. For example, Kylie Jenner donated $1 Million to Los Angeles Hospitals for COVID-19 supplies. As of Sunday, The president has stated that the stay-home order will be extended until April 30th. If everyone works together to prevent the spread of the virus further, we can go back to our everyday activities/life.

Courtesy of Riley DeMarrais
COVID-19 is infecting everyone even some of our favorite celebrities.