5 Things to Do Over Break

Jake Rosen
    Washington Square Park

Finally what students have been waiting for since the first day of school, winter break. Fourteen days of no school, no work and being able to do whatever heart’s desire. With all of this freetime, students are bound to end up bored over winter break. Here are ten things any students can do over winter break.

#1 Go to the City:

SInce the weather has been so nice lately, bring some friends and go to the city. There isn’t any weather worries such as it being cold and snowing. It will be the perfect weather over winter break to spend a day in the beautiful city. Some things to do in the city is, go to the fashion district, see a play, go shopping and go to a awesome restaurant. It would be a great after-christmas festivity and maybe if it is cold enough, the ice rink may be usable.

#2 Go see a movie:

With all the movies coming out on christmas it is the perfect opportunity to watch some great, interesting movies over winter break. Such as the movies Joy, Starwars, Point Break, Daddy’s Home, The Danish Girl and so many more movies to watch. Movies are available at Bowtie cinema or the movie theatre at the Bridgewater Mall. Watching a movie can make the day pass really fast, you can watch movies in the morning, afternoon and night. With friends family or even by yourself watching a movie is a great thing to do when you are bored and have nothing to do.

#3 Go to the Mall:

Even Though some just celebrated Christmas, going to the mall anytime of the year is fun. Going with friends or family can make a boring day fun. Especially after the holidays, because malls typically have great sales after the holiday season is over. Using some of the money or gift cards received from your family or friends over the holidays and  buy great items taking advantage of the sales. At the mall you could also watch a movie or go out to eat and make a whole day at the mall.

#4 Catch up on TV shows and books:

Since school occupies most of students time, some may miss their favorite tv shows.  Since there is no school, it is the perfect time to catch up. And those who love to read, finally have a lot of time to read or catch up on a book or a book series.

#5 Sleep:

No more school, no homework, no stress. The perfect time to catch up on sleep. Lets face it, students don’t get the best sleep when school is in session, going to bed late, waking up early and perhaps not getting any sleep at all. The 14 days of break is a great opportunity to recharge and sleep.
    These five ideas or only some ideas of what you can do over winter break. There is so much more you could do over the fourteen days of freedom. Have a great winter break!