GUTS tour performs across America and Europe

Ella Patel
The GUTS concert started off with the burning of candles, used as a countdown till the show

Olivia Rodrigo’s 2024 GUTS tour hit off as a success. The tour spans from February 24, 2024, to August 17, 2024, in North America and Europe. Rodrigo’s tour consisted of 77 shows, with excited fans all around the world. The GUTS tour is sold out, despite adding 20 more tour dates in areas such as “Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and London,” according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Julia Schmidt ‘26 said, “The concert was so much fun! I was able to sing, laugh, and scream as loud as I wanted! It was such a great experience and Olivia is such a good performer. Anyone who has seen her live is so so lucky!”

Rodrigo’s performance lasts about 1 hour and 30 minutes. As well as playing her album GUTS, Rodrigo also performed songs from her previous album SOUR. Fans were thrilled with the bonus track “Obsessed” that Rodrigo played, which was evident in the cheers that traveled through the crowd. Olivia Rodrigo sold out four shows in Madison Square Garden on dates April 5, 6, 8 & 9. Even the Monday and Tuesday shows were sold out, despite the days being work nights. 

Olivia Rodrigo chose The Breeders, Chappell Roan, PinkPantheress, and Remi Wolf as opening acts for her tour. Rodrigo expresses her love for these artists and gratefulness to them for accompanying her on tour in the beginning of her concerts.

“I thought the whole show was amazing, especially her bringing out Noah Kahan and playing the song she made for the Hunger Games. Her stage performance was so investing, as all of the songs had colors and dances that told the story of the song physically,” said Aiden Heyer ‘26.

Rodrigo’s performance was noteworthy. Between her stage choreography, to the special effects and imagery, the concert was entertaining for audiences. The background dancers were astonishing, adding tremendously to Rodrigo’s performance. While singing a sentimental song, “Teenage Dream”, Rodrigo projected her childhood home videos and pictures. This made the song all the more personal for both Rodrigo and the audience. The concert also included special effects; for example, in Madison Square Garden, Rodrigo performed one of her songs while on an airborne moon, floating above the crowd and reaching the audience sitting further in the crowd. 

Rodrigo’s Lyrics were barely heard over the rush of the crowd. Fans sang Rodrigo’s lyrics verse for verse, not a beat going unsung by the crowd. Rodrigo also left some of her most popular verses such as “It’s a bad idea right” for the crowd to sing, making this performance all the more fun for audiences.

The Album “GUTS” was nominated for 6 Grammys, including Album of the Year. Rodrigo’s most popular song “Vampire”, which is a part of the “GUTS” album has 916,731,205 streams on Spotify and as an artist, Rodrigo has over 60 million monthly listeners. According to the news site Variety, the album has almost 100 million streams. The album also had a successful opening at number 1 on Billboard’s chart.

Fans make an effort to match their outfit to the album’s aesthetic. Supporters wear a mix of silver, purple, pink, white, black, leather, and Olivia Rodrigo Merchandise to the concerts. The crowd consisted of fans ranging from children, teens, and adults.

With about 4 months left in the GUTS tour, fans across North America and Europe await her arrival and performance.